Legacy Church, partnering with Meals on Wheels, and area churches want to combat hunger and isolation in the disabled and older adults in Princeton.
Local Training – August 17, 2017 – 1:00 pm
There will be a Meals on Wheels volunteer training at Faith Baptist Church on Thursday, August 17th at 1:00 pm. Volunteers should bring their driver’s license, insurance card, and a $10 donation to enable Meals on Wheels to run a background check. If you can’t make this local opportunity, you can receive training at the Mckinney facility on Wednesday at 2:00 pm.
Attend a mandatory Orientation and Training session
Training is held at the Meals on Wheels office located at 600 N. Tennessee Street every Wednesday from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Walk-ins are welcome and no appointment is necessary
- Attend a mandatory Orientation and Training session
- Training is held at our office located at 600 N. Tennessee Street every Wednesday from 2:00 PM to 3:30PM
- Walk-ins are welcome and no appointment is necessary
- Complete the volunteer application and onboarding documents
- Successfully complete a background check
- Commit to driving a minimum of twice a month. Most routes have 10 clients and take approximately one hour to deliver
- Pick up the meals at Faith Baptist Church around 11:00 am
- Deliver the meals to about 20 individuals in Princeton – (takes about 1-1/2 hours).
- Return the empty bags to Faith Baptist Church
Local Orientation – August 17, 2017 – 1:00 pm